[TeXmacs] Version Control

  • From: Jan Lellmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Version Control
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:45:44 +0000

Hello,

Most important: Some sort of integration with version control and/or support
for multi-author documents, *either* some new TeXmacs-specific system or
(even better, in my opinion) something to help TeXmacs merge changes
produced by some standard version-control system (git, svn, cvs).

that is a very good point. I think that Texmacs should store all info that can be regenerated (references cache, bibliography items, basically everything in the <\references> and <\auxiliary> sections) in a local cache instead of the document, as this causes a lot of problems when trying to merge files.

Jan