Re: [TeXmacs] An emergency latex mode for unexpected PhD advisor visits?

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] An emergency latex mode for unexpected PhD advisor visits?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 00:20:37 +0200

Am 01.06.2019 um 23:15 schrieb Massimiliano Gubinelli:

One of my student, Marco Furlan, wrote enterely his PhD (and master) thesis  with TeXmacs:
https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01864398/document

With others we wrote papers in TeXmacs and for one reason or another the final composition of the thesis has been done in LaTeX.

Miguel de Benito also wrote his thesis direclty in TeXmacs:

https://mdbenito.aerobaticapp.com/0372_1df83ac9-8582-4a11-83dc-701c2828288d/files/math/phd-thesis-dbdb9f6.pdf

Usually I manage to convince younger collaborators to use TeXmacs, for example the following papers have been written enterely in TeXmacs with a very late  conversion to LaTeX to put them in arXiv:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1805.10814
https://arxiv.org/abs/1804.11253
https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.04422
https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.01700
https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.12014
https://arxiv.org/abs/1807.06825
https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.03118
https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.07886
https://arxiv.org/abs/1502.00157
https://arxiv.org/abs/1508.07764
https://arxiv.org/abs/1508.03877

Some or all of these documents could be linked to in the TeXmacs website (if they are not already!). The thesis of MdB in particular, if he agrees with it, as it shows the flexibility of TeXmacs.
I have the impression I had seen a list of documents written with TeXmacs on the website, but I cannot find it now (so I cannot check if the ones above are already there).

I may have some more comments on your other message, but I have to postpone a few days at least.

Giovanni