Re: Citing texmacs

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Maxime Devos <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Antonio R <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Citing texmacs
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 16:07:17 +0200

Hi,

 I think it is appropriate to use the citation alternatives already pointed out in this thread (via the focus bar at the document level). In particular "cite texmacs website" produces a footnote "Made with TeXmacs" with a bibliographic reference which reads

"J. v. d. Hoeven et al. GNU TeXmacs. http://www.texmacs.org, 1998."

This is what I usually adopt, see e.g.

It seems to me ok that, if you want to cite TeXmacs in the acknowledgement section of a paper, you just put there something like

"This paper has been written with the GNU TeXmacs system~[XXX]" with the same bibliographic reference or just with an inline equivalent mention."

Best
Max