Re: Geneating a PDF that looks good in Abobe Acrobat Reader?

  • From: Rajarshi Guha <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Geneating a PDF that looks good in Abobe Acrobat Reader?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:18:59 -0500

On Thursday 14 February 2002 06:43, Adam Warner wrote:

> One way to work around this is to export a TeXmacs document to LaTeX and
> then use pdflatex to generate the PDF. This may result in conversion
> issues and I imagine it could be difficult when dealing with documents
> that contain graphics.

I usually generate the postscript file with :

dvips -Pcmz -Z9 -G1 file.tex -o file.ps

And then convert it to PDF with

ps2pdf file.ps file.pdf

The PDF looks fine.

HTH

Rajarshi Guha | email: address@hidden
417 Davey Laboratory | web : http:// www.jijo.cjb.net
Dept. Of Chemistry | ICQ : 123242928
Pennsylvania State University | AIM : LoverOfPanda
GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6 1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu/
All power corrupts, but we need electricity.