Re: Geneating a PDF that looks good in Abobe Acrobat Reader?

  • From: Phil Mendelsohn <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Geneating a PDF that looks good in Abobe Acrobat Reader?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:11:34 -0600

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 04:22:30PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> Now that pdf has become more standard, it would be worth it
> to write a direct TeXmacs->pdf converter.

Hrm, I think that supporting .pdf is not particularly pure Open
Source. It is a proprietary format, owned by Adobe, who are
responsible for the Sk{y|l}arov fiasco. I have seen several articles
on advocating people to use truly free and open standards, and am not
sure that one of them isn't a Stallman piece.

I only mention this because I know that there was some concern with
following strict GNU/GPL guidelines. Perhaps this isn't an issue
after all?

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood