Re: [Texmacs-dev] markdown

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] markdown
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 21:19:55 +0100

Hello,

Unfortunately, there are pretty many "dialects" of markdown. `pandoc` has an option for MediaWiki, though. (I have only used `pandoc` to convert very simple documents, so I cannot judge the quality, but it seems to me that `pandoc` is recommended by many people)

By the way, conversion from LaTeX to html seems to be also painful. tex4ht breaks quite often, although I usually use it to convert math papers to ebooks to push on Kindles to read - when it works, it is okay. At least theoretically, texmacs does better - it has a much more regular syntax than LaTeX.

Best wishes,