Re: [Texmacs-dev] markdown

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] markdown
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 20:04:55 +0100

Hi Frank,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 08:17:31AM +0000, Frank wrote:
> > (It would have been nice to send us the right option.)
>
> I did not know it until your previous email and then I googled finding it...
>
> I only know that pandoc is recommended and whenever I use it and it does
> not work, I google to see whether I have to tune options. I don't find it
> interesting to learn or memorize these trivial things.

Sorry, I meant no offense; the information was just not so obvious to find.

> > The Html converter ignores all mathematical formulas.
>
> There are options mathml, mathjax, webjax, but I don't understand the
> difference. However, if I pass the Gamma function page loc. cit. to pandoc
> with these options, it will either complain errors in LaTeX codes, or
> generate codes but some formulae won't be rendered. Seemingly I need to
> \usepackage in some fashion.

OK, so it seems that Pandoc can only partially do the job for us.
Of course, it is somewhat problematic to depend on an external tool
which only partially does the job. Indeed, even if we know how to
fix some of the issues, we would have to coordinate with the external tool.

Best wishes, --Joris