RE: Re : Re: [TeXmacs] installation problem of win texmacs

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "'Dan Martens'" <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden, "'Ansari Mohamed'" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: RE: Re : Re: [TeXmacs] installation problem of win texmacs
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:34:27 +0600 (NOVT)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Jack Zhang wrote:
Due to academic background of this kind application, you'd better chasing
the donation from big software company such as like Microsoft and Sun.
Microsoft? Why would they want to donate to a Linux project?
(well, predominantly Linux)

I see a curious difference in attitude between Linux and Windows users of TeXmacs. When Linux users discover a problem, they usually send a patch to fix it (though not always). When Windows users discover a problem, they want somebody to solve it. And there is exactly one developer of the Windows port, Dan Martens (many thanks, though I don't use Windows).

I think the community users of the Windows port of GNU TeXmacs should help themselves, like Linux users do.

Andrey