Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:20:07 +0200

Jean BOYABE wrote:

I really don't understand what is going on and definitely
need help from other developers in order to fix this problem.
After static linking, I do not even understand how you
can get your error message:

[vdhoeven@alcazar src]$ grep libc.so TeXmacs/bin/texmacs.bin
[vdhoeven@alcazar src]$

Do you get the same result after a grep (on the texmacs.bin of
the most recent binary distribution)?

of course, I get the same result after the grep:

cannot handle file 'libc.so.6' with TLS data

I don't know what to do now....

Although I know this is not very fun, as for me,
what I do when I met such problems is just install
another Linux distro, because such problems usually
stem from an unstable/too much bloated distro. A
good distro that I recommend to all the people which
want a simple, no-surprise Linux system is VectorLinux,
which is a lightweight distro built on Slackware :
<<
http://www.vectorlinux.com/

I recently had a colleague switched from Fedora
to VectorLinux (on a laptop), everything went
perfectly (1 / 2 hours), while they spent the
whole afternoon without being able to solve
fixing links for shared libraries the day
before.