Re: Aha! Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Aha! Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 08:09:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Hc-host: Message scanned by NISC4, Networking & Systems, Haverford College, Haverford, PA 19041 [v011]
  • Hc-mailscanner: Found to be clean

It looks like TLS implementation may rely on extensive work done
during dynamic link stage (search for "linker" in the document
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/tls.pdf). Is there some way to force
gcc or the linker to generate code that uses static TLS allocation
(TLS being "thread local storage")? A quick glance at the gcc man page
shows the option

-ftls-model=<model>

which might give some ability to control this? But it looks like the
most promising option might already be the default? I've not done
anything with multiple threads in a C/C++ program so I'm out of my
depth here.

Dave W