Aha! Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Aha! Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:11:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Hc-host: Message scanned by SMTP2, Networking & Systems, Haverford College, Haverford, PA 19041 [v011]
  • Hc-mailscanner: Found to be clean

While waking up this morning, I realized that the TLS problem it may
well NOT have anything to do with cluster computing, but rather
involve multithreading resulting from the fact that I was using one of
our new dual-core systems. Unfortunately, I don't have a current OS
installed on a single-core system for comparison. But my understanding
is that Ubuntu (and other linux distro's?) utilize the dual core
processors in the same way they'd use multi-threading on a multi-CPU
system.

Jean, can you tell if you have a single-core or dual (or more?) core
processor? Would you like me to e-mail you my texmacs.bin (which is
based on the current CVS sources but does not support all types of
images (the problem that caused me to try to run the staticly linked
binary from the web site))?

Joris, can you confirm that you're _not_ compiling on a dual-core machine?
If so, do you have access to a multi-core system that you could try?

Dave Wonnacott