Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fix to libc problem?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:20:15 +0200

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 10:31:48AM +0200, Jean BOYABE wrote:

> > I really don't understand what is going on and definitely
> > need help from other developers in order to fix this problem.
> > After static linking, I do not even understand how you
> > can get your error message:
> >
> > [vdhoeven@alcazar src]$ grep libc.so TeXmacs/bin/texmacs.bin
> > [vdhoeven@alcazar src]$
> >
> > Do you get the same result after a grep (on the texmacs.bin of
> > the most recent binary distribution)?
>
> of course, I get the same result after the grep:
>
> cannot handle file 'libc.so.6' with TLS data

Hmm, I have been searching on the web and found one interesting page in
French:

http://linuxfr.org/~houplaboom/7900.html

Please check whether you have a directory

/usr/lib/tls

If so, then move it to a safe place

su -
mv /usr/lib/tls /usr/lib/tls.bak

and try again. This might work.

Other references to this problem:

http://articles.involution.com/tls.php

I still don't understand whether something is wrong on the machine
on which I build the binaries or on machines running certain
new distributions. Someone can help?

Best wishes, Joris