Re: Why not have "adaptive" TeXmacs manual for LaTeX users?

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Amir Michail <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Why not have "adaptive" TeXmacs manual for LaTeX users?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 09:12:41 +0100

Dear Amir,

On 1. Dec 2020, at 00:27, Amir Michail <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 30, 2020, at 6:20 PM, Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden> wrote:

Personally,

I do not think TeXmacs need a lot of users. It needs *good users*, *smart users*, *users which want to spend some time contributing to the project in some way*, *users that are willing to help improving the program*.

Typical LaTeX users, especially those which are not able to understand manuals, and just copy things out of stackexchange, can remain there were they are. :) They certainly didn't made LaTeX what is now and will not in any way make a better environment for TeXmacs.

Give us the Lamports, the Hoenigs, the Rahtz, the Spivaks, the Tantaus, please. :)

Max

So you don’t want high school and university students using TeXmacs to write up their math assignments?

Question of priorities. But if you give them to me for free, I accept gladly and I promise I will answer to their question on the forum.

Max

Amir