Re: Why not have "adaptive" TeXmacs manual for LaTeX users?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Why not have "adaptive" TeXmacs manual for LaTeX users?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 19:14:02 +0100

Hi Frank,

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 06:09:56PM +0100, Frank wrote:
> On the other hand, I would like to avoid terms like "smart users" which
> might hint that other users are intelligently disabled, and in this
> context, it would suggest that some users be too stupid to use or to
> contribute to TeXmacs, which seems extremely unfriendly and arrogant.

There are many users of TeXmacs for who LaTeX is way to sophisticated
and user-unfriendly. That is precisely why these users like TeXmacs.
I don't think that these users will contribute to the development of TeXmacs,
but they are often very fine people. I definitely wrote TeXmacs also for
them.

Best wishes, --Joris