Re: Why not have "adaptive" TeXmacs manual for LaTeX users?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Why not have "adaptive" TeXmacs manual for LaTeX users?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 17:59:04 +0100

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 12:20:51AM +0100, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> I do not think TeXmacs need a lot of users. It needs *good users*, *smart
> users*, *users which want to spend some time contributing to the project in
> some way*, *users that are willing to help improving the program*.

I do not agree. We need users of both types.
And the more users we have, the more smart users will join.

But I am not convinced by Amir's strategy to achieve that goal.
Sticking too close to LaTeX maintains the widespread confusion that
we are just a LaTeX front-end. I think that it is interesting to
highlight features where TeXmacs is substantially different and better,
and to make this part of the learning process as early as possible.

Best wishes, --Joris