Re: accolade à droite

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: accolade à droite
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:50:47 +0100

Am 12.01.2021 um 21:32 schrieb Vincent Douce Mathoscope:
i would be really intesrested if a step-by-step video would show how to create a package ! and also how to create a style !
Vincent

I am not used to making videos, and I did not yet decide whether to try it or not. In the meantime, please take a look at the step-by-step instructions in http://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2021-01/msg00043.html. Since you already have the macro, there is a chance that you are going to succeed.

The steps for creating a style are the same as the ones for creating a package as far as I understand, but then you need to "write different things" in the style file and maybe also place it in a different directory (there is a "styles" directory in the local TeXmacs folder, but I never tried to put anything in there).

Said this, at least in my opinion the videos can be enough for showing how to create the package and style files, and perhaps can be a very good way for that. I have the feeling that they would not be enough for a complete example, because a style file is a complex construct and in my opinion it needs explanations through words (together with code). In my mind a good example of introduction to style file writing is http://tutex.tug.org/pracjourn/2005-4/hefferon/hefferon.pdf, written by Jim Hefferon for the PracTeX journal (TPJ 2005 No 04, 2005-10-20); I did not read it completely, but this is my impression after a superficial incomplete reading.

It is also possible that one needs more than that, but a similar thing for TeXmacs would be a start.

Giovanni