Re: Typing Japanese in TeXmacs

  • From: Masaru Nomiya <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Typing Japanese in TeXmacs
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:17:27 +0900

Hello,

LF> I'm using TeXmacs 2.1.1 on Guix System. I have my system configured to
LF> use ibus-anthy so that I can type Japanese in pretty much every
LF> application. For example, I can type Japanese in GTK applications like
LF> those found in the GNOME desktop and also in Qt applications like
LF> Krita. However, I haven't been able to type Japanese in TeXmacs (which
LF> I think is Qt, right?). All I see is red codes in angular brackets,
LF> which are also exported in that form to PDF.

LF> I also see that Asian languages are deactivated in the "Document $B"*(B
LF> Language" menu. Although I'm not currently looking for setting the
LF> main language of my documents to any of those, it seem odd.

LF> How can I have TeXmacs all set up to write multilingual documents?

LF> I think am only missing this part to add TeXmacs to my tool set...

I'm using TeXmacs 2.1.2, can use Japanese in it on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Have you got the file 'font-databse.scm' in ~/.TeXmacs/fonts ?

Regards.

---
Masaru Nomiya mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp

"Tim Cook, the C.E.O. of Apple, said earlier this year that he
would
not let his nephew join social networks.
Bill Gates banned cellphone until his children were teenagers, and
Melinda Gates wrote that she wished they had waited even longer.
Steve Jobs would not let his young children near iPads."
-- The New York Times --