Typing Japanese in TeXmacs

  • From: Luis Felipe <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Typing Japanese in TeXmacs
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 00:03:49 +0000
  • Feedback-id: 24022468:user:proton

Hi,

I'm using TeXmacs 2.1.1 on Guix System. I have my system configured to use
ibus-anthy so that I can type Japanese in pretty much every application. For
example, I can type Japanese in GTK applications like those found in the
GNOME desktop and also in Qt applications like Krita. However, I haven't been
able to type Japanese in TeXmacs (which I think is Qt, right?). All I see is
red codes in angular brackets, which are also exported in that form to PDF.

I also see that Asian languages are deactivated in the "Document → Language"
menu. Although I'm not currently looking for setting the main language of my
documents to any of those, it seem odd.

How can I have TeXmacs all set up to write multilingual documents?

I think am only missing this part to add TeXmacs to my tool set...

Thanks in advance,

P.S. TeXmacs is a very nice program, thanks for working on it.

---
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/