Re: Typing Japanese in TeXmacs

  • From: Luis Felipe <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Typing Japanese in TeXmacs
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:51:10 +0000
  • Feedback-id: 24022468:user:proton

Nomiyaさん、こんにちは

On Saturday, June 11th, 2022 at 05:17, Masaru Nomiya <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using TeXmacs 2.1.2, can use Japanese in it on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Out of curiosity, did Japanese just worked once you installed TeXmacs, or did
you have to configure something?

> Have you got the file 'font-databse.scm' in ~/.TeXmacs/fonts ?

I do.

Also, I've tried the following steps (based on TeXmacs' manual, Notes for
users of oriental languages):

1. Download SourceHanSansJP-VF.ttf
(https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans/tree/release)
2. Put the font in ~/.TeXmacs/fonts/truetype
3. Run "texmacs --delete-font-cache"

After this, I still can't type Japanese, and the added font is not listed in
~/.TeXmacs/fonts/font-database.scm.

However, I figured out that I can type kanji and Japanese punctuation, but
not kana, if I add the following steps:

1. Download SourceHanSansJP-VF.ttf
(https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans/tree/release)
2. Put the font in ~/.TeXmacs/fonts/truetype
3. Run "texmacs --delete-font-cache"

4. Go to the Document font selector in "Document → Font..." menu
5. Click on the "Import..." button
6. Pick the font downloaded in step 1 and press Ok button
7. Exit TeXmacs (no need to save anything)
8. Start texmacs normally again