Re: [TeXmacs] Two problems of TeXmacs (IMHO)

  • From: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • To: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Javier Arántegui Jiménez <address@hidden>, TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Two problems of TeXmacs (IMHO)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:07:33 +0100

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 01:57:17PM -0500, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> Also it's been argued thousands of times that linking one of the
> best first-user experiences (which TeXmacs is or will be in short
> order) to two of the worst is bad marketing strategy.

You are opening up serious religious wars here. Emacs is, by far, not
"one of the worst first-user experiences" for some. And LaTeX, well,
my first-user experience was that it sucked miles, but sucked
less. (Once I got into "advanced" stuff, some hair pulling was
involved, as you can imagine.)

In fact, the association to TeX and emacs might have been a lie, or
meant in a very philosophical sense, but it is what got me hooked
up. I was in for a disappointment (the name put my hopes much, much
too high), but it still introduced me to something that will suck even
less soon, so in the end all is good.

--
Lionel