Re: [TeXmacs] Two problems of TeXmacs (IMHO)

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arántegui Jiménez <address@hidden>
  • Cc: David Allouche <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Two problems of TeXmacs (IMHO)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:44:02 +0100 (CET)

> 0. Download TeXmacs and use it as structured scientific word processor (MS
> Word with steroids ;-) or as CAS interface. <-- Here I was 3 days ago
> 1. Learn a little bit of LaTex

I certainly do not want people to waste their time learning LaTeX,
so I will *never* recommend this (as David stressed already).

> I am not complaining about the lack of documentation. I am just suggesting a
> way to learn TeXmacs. There are two ways to solve the problem of the lack of
> documentation for new users:
>
> 1. Write new documentation: I must confess, I am simply too lazy to write
> it.

Well, be less lazy! Your English is no problem for us.

> 2. Learn Latex and be ready to understand the existing documentation.

In absence of the documentation you would most like, I think that
simply using TeXmacs will be more instructive than learning LaTeX.