point to register

  • From: Murali Agastya <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • Subject: point to register
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:01:11 +1100

Hi David,

Sometime back you gave a hint on how to bind the current position of the cursor, perhaps to a key, which went completly over my head. I tried to follow what you said but could not figure it out and left it.

As I continue to waste enormous amount of time going back and forth to different parts fo teh document, just like a number of other users seem to as well (judging from teh messages posted on the list), it woudl be very helpful if you are able offer somewhat more detailed instructiosn on what to do to get the following two functions

a). a function (and a key binding) to remember the current position of the cursor
b). a function (and a key binding) to jump to the above position.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best regards,

Murali

--
Murali Agastya ,--_|\ Australian Research Fellow
Tel: +61 2 9351 3071 / \ Rm 364, Merewether Bldg. Fax: +61 2 9351 4341 \_,--._* Economics, Sydney University