Re: [TeXmacs] Two problems of TeXmacs (IMHO)

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Javier Arántegui Jiménez <address@hidden>, TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Two problems of TeXmacs (IMHO)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:03:22 +0100 (CET)

> -- Which drives us to the name.
[...]
> So instead of endless arguments, Joris, please, is there any possible
> chance of changing TeXmacs' name??. I always think of the name change
> happening along with a major release, so that it may get lots of user
> attention. I don't think I'm wrong if I say that the user community here
> would take care of all the administrative hassle for you: domain name,
> account names, etc.
[...]
> Please Joris, agree at least to review the names that people may
> propose, and tell the requisites you think the new name should have...
[...]

This kind of discussion should typically take place on the Wiki.
Those who have proposals for new names should make a list of them there.
There are many requisites for a good name, but one easy one is that
google returns less than 100 (maybe 1000) results. I do not promise that
I will change the name, since this demands a lot of administration,
but if there are many people who ask for it, and some good proposals
for new names, then I might take a look.