Re: Statement tag and displayed formula tag

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Statement tag and displayed formula tag
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:26:54 +0000

Am 10.07.2021 um 18:49 schrieb Richard gomez:

Nevertheless, i would like to know if there is a setting like <assign|…> to
get the same result, because :

If you make the changes from the "preferences for tag" menu, they re saved in a section of the document which is not visible through the TeXmacs editor (as far as I know); if I understand correctly that section has the same function as the .aux file for a TeX document, that is saving some information that comes from the programs' calculations (btw : can Joris comment on the location for saving? I do not understand the reason).

You can then open the document with a text editor, look at the end for the tags <\initial> and  <\collection> and inside you will find the settings that you changed. In this case it is

<associate|eqn-short-above|<macro|0fn>>

I also do not know why it is <macro|0fn> and not 0fn.

I would take then this, transform it into

<assign|eqn-short-above|0fn>

and place it either in the preamble or in the style file (in your case in richard-book.ts and richard-bigbook.ts)

In an analogous way for all changes that you do through the "preferences for tag" menu (e.g. right click or wrench button).

By the way I tried to restore the default settings through the interface; the typeset document changes but the editor does not "notice" the change and does not turn into an "unsaved" state, so that may be a bug. In fact on closing and reopening the file the document returns to the state "before reverting to default". This does not affect the setting that I propose above in this message, though.