Re: Statement tag and displayed formula tag

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Statement tag and displayed formula tag
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:02:50 +0200

Hi Richard,

Things like large-padding-above, large-padding-below, eqn-ver-sep, etc.
are style parameters that can be set globally for your document
(they are stored in the 'initial' part in the textual document format).

You may attach them individually to each of your chapters
using the 'Focus -> Preferences -> Style parameters' menu.
But for a book, it better to set them once and for all in
a style file for the book (and _not_ in the individual chapters;
note that individual settings overide the settings from
your style file; you may restore the original settings
(from the style file) using 'Default' in 'Focus ->
Preferences -> Style parameters -> Your style parameter').

In order to see the appropriate commands to put in your style file
after modifying some of the style parameters for a test file,
you can indeed extract the style file. You will see a bunch of
commands of the form

<assign|large-padding-above|0.5fn>

Just copy and paste the appropriate commands to the style file
for your book (e.g. richard-book.ts) and they should automatically
apply to all your chapters (no need to modify any individual chapter).

Best wishes, --Joris