Updated spanish translations for the menus /RFC

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Updated spanish translations for the menus /RFC
  • Date: 04 Nov 2002 18:38:08 +0100

Hello,

I have updated the translations to the menus to match 1.0.0.20.
I also made some modifications to improve the translation of previous
existing keys.

Pablo Ruiz has agreed to participate in the translation of the online
documentation. For this to happen, he would need an user in the doc CVS
tree.

I encourage the spanish speaking users on this list to express their
preferences as to the terminology employed to translate the mathematical
result names. These changes have an impact over the document, and I will
try consequently to keep them to a minimum, but feedback is greatly
appreciated.

Take for example the "proof" environment. Which translation do you
prefer, "demostración" or else "prueba"?. What is the standard
mathematical practice in your field?.

Perhaps the internationalized environment names should make part of the
stylesheet? At least I guess it would be good to separate from the rest
all those names which end up typeset in the document. Comments?

TIA, álvaro.

PS. TeXmacs 1.0.0.20 users should simply overwrite
texmacsdir/langs/natural/dic/english-spanish.scm with the attachment in
order to benefit immediatly from the updated translations.

PS2. 'preview with ghostview' is no longer accurate, since TeXmacs tries
first gv... should it be 'preview with ps viewer', or perhaps 'screen
preview' or 'printer preview', or just 'preview'?

PS3. No matter what I do I do not get strings such as "* modifier",
"don't remap" or "caps-lock key" translated... anybody any clues?

PS4. Why not put these files also under version control?

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero
alqua.com, la red en estudio