Windows version, plz (was: Re: Updated spanish translations for the menus /RFC)

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Windows version, plz (was: Re: Updated spanish translations for the menus /RFC)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:16:13 +0100

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:22:04 +0000
Nick Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think we should not support Windows. It is a waste of time and only of
> benefit for marketting purposes. The amount of time it takes to work
> around bugs in Windows systems wastes the time of the most expert
> programmers.
>
> 8)

I wish somebody prepare a Windows version. I think you are joking but I
don't. I use Linux mainly but my partners and my students (almost everyboy I
work with) use Windows as OS. I'd like that they use Texmacs because it's a
great piece of software and it would be easier to exchange files. And if they
began to use some software from linux, someday they would migrate from
Windows to Linux ;-) I think that the best politics is to let everyboy to
use the OS they like. The most important is the software you use. For
example, one strong point of Openoffice is that is multiplatform.

Somedays ago, some people told to the list that they had run Texmacs on
Windows boxes. I have no knowledge about compiling programs, etc. so I don't
feel ready to compile texmacs on Windows myself. I hope that somebody will
prepare a Windows version (easy to install) to download.

TIA,

Javier