Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Luca <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:55:00 +0100

Luca wrote:
> Henri Lesourd wrote:
>
>> As for me, I don't observe this bug (perhaps should I
>> say "I don't observe it *yet* :-). 2 questions :
>>
>> -> can you reproduce the bug by either :
>

> a) I do reproduce the bug:
> I created a new document linked again only 1 figure (exactly the
> fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf that I attached to the previous message). It
> displays correctly but doesn't print or appear in an exported pdf version
>
> I will attach the smallest version: just the pdf included.
> Please note that in this version you need to create a subdirectory
> figures where you should put the pdf fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf I include.
> I also include the pdf generate by export pdf so you can check it is blank.
> Thank you for your help
> Regards
> Luca

I can reproduce the bug, in effect, the PDF output is
blank... If I get your fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf file, then
I translate it to JPEG, then I link the obtained JPG
file from inside another TeXmacs document, then the
TeXmacs PDF output works for this very document.

And then, if I translate this JPEG file to PDF again, I
obtain a PDF file that perfectly works when it is linked
from inside a TeXmacs document (namely : such a TeXmacs
document can be exported correctly either to PS or to PDF).

Conclusion : the problem clearly stems from the
particular PDF dialect that is used in your PDF
images.

More precisely, I just checked, the PDF version
number in your original PDF file is :
[[
%PDF-1.4
]]

On the other hand, the PDF version number in
the correctly linkeable PDF (and the one in
any TeXmacs's PDF output is) :
[[
%PDF-1.2
]]

So the problem is not solved :-(, and the
question open to us becomes : why does TeXmacs
understands PDF 1.4 only for viewing and not
for printing ?