Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:58:46 +0100

Hello,

El Lunes, 28 de Noviembre de 2005 17:54, Luca escribió:
> I am using a similar solution but with convert (imagemagick)
> I just converted all .pdf files via a script to .eps files directly
> with this script

Yes, that can work. But, you will suffer a quality loss. Imagemagick only
works with bitmaps and your figure was likely vectorial.

How do you create those figures? Probably the program you used let you create
eps (or other compatible formats like xfig) directly.

> So the problem is related somhow to the pdf files....
> This is as far as I can get.
> I will give you all the pdf files you need if you want to investigate
> further.
> I think it wuold be better to catch this bug as I also remember I had
> already found it a long time ago with ps files....

But, probably it isn't a bug. The difference is (I think) that PDF and PS are
page formats. You're triying to insert a page inside a page and that it's
quite confusing. EPS is an encapsulated postscript and it doesn't have any
information about the page, it's just a figure.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es