Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!

  • From: Luca <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:58:52 +0100

Henri Lesourd wrote:

Luca wrote:

PLease can anybody give me a suggestion
I am fighting since 2 days with Texmacs to print a very long document with pdf figures linked.
When I try to either print or export to pdf the document comes out with blank pages instead of figures.
When I look at it inside TeXmacs everthing seems normal.
Please Help.
I found a previous message on the same topic but it had no answer it was on 01/13/2005 from Nachiketa Sahoo.
Luca

As for me, I don't observe this bug (perhaps should I
say "I don't observe it *yet* :-). 2 questions :

-> on which system are you running TeXmacs ? ;

I am using Debian Unstable with texmacs veersion TeXmacs version 1.0.5.10

-> can you reproduce the bug by either :

a) I do reproduce the bug:
I created a new document linked again only 1 figure (exactly the fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf that I attached to the previous message). It displays correctly but doesn't print or appear in an exported pdf version

a) inserting a linked pdf image inside a new document (in
this particular case, do you still observe the bug ?) ;

b) when taking your very long document, and removing parts
of it step by step (ultimately, everything except only
one of the linked pdf figures), can you observe a point
where the bug disappears ?

b) the document I submitted perlista.tm was exactly obtained following the procedure you are suggesting.
It contains only the first two figures. Even if I leave one the bug persists.

If the bug can be observed in the question (a) above,
there is no need to try to answer this question. On
the other hand, if you can observe the bug disappearing
by stripping your document step by step, could you please
post the smallest version of your document that still
contains the bug (if your document is confidential,
you could replace all the text by something like
"aaaaaa...", and all the pdf images by a dummy
image ; and of course check that your "randomized"
document still contains the bug) ;

I will attach the smallest version: just the pdf included.
Please note that in this version you need to create a subdirectory figures where you should put the pdf fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf I include.
I also include the pdf generate by export pdf so you can check it is blank.
Thank you for your help
Regards
Luca

<TeXmacs|1.0.5.10>

<\body>
  <postscript|file:///home/luca/wrkinprg/fit/figures/fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf|*5/8|*5/8||||>

<\initial>
  <\collection>
    <associate|language|american>
  </collection>