Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!

  • From: Luca <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] no FIGURES!!!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:54:22 +0100

Javier Arantegui wrote:

Hello,

El Lunes, 28 de Noviembre de 2005 16:58, Luca escribió:

I will attach the smallest version: just the pdf included.
Please note that in this version you need to create a subdirectory
figures where you should put the pdf fit_dec0.985_0_6.pdf I include.
I also include the pdf generate by export pdf so you can check it is blank.

A couple of years ago I think I had a similar problem but I was working with ps files instead of pdf files. When I load Luca's document and I do a preview in GV I can see the figure for an instant and it vanishes.

The solution somebody suggested when I had the problem was to use ps2epsi to avoid that problem. Look here:

http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/help/faq.en.html#usage-3

I have tried that and it worked with Luca's files. First I used kprinter to make a ps file from his pdf. After that I used ps2epsi to generate an eps file and substitued the file name in the texmacs file. And, it worked.

Javier

Thank you Javier.
I am using a similar solution but with convert (imagemagick)
I just converted all .pdf files via a script to .eps files directly
with this script

#!/bin/sh
for i in $( ls *.pdf );
do
orig=$i
dest=$(echo $i | sed -e "s/.pdf/.eps/")
convert $orig $dest
done

then with emacs I made a search replace .pdf to .eps in the .tm file and now everything is working...
So the problem is related somhow to the pdf files....
This is as far as I can get.
I will give you all the pdf files you need if you want to investigate further.
I think it wuold be better to catch this bug as I also remember I had already found it a long time ago with ps files....
Thank you anyway to suggest an emergency solution.
Now I can print my report
Regards
LUca