Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden>
  • To: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:39:10 -0500

I agree with David. It would be nice to eliminate this particular difference between TeXmacs and Emacs.

Kostas

David G. Wonnacott wrote:

Second, I am also distressed by the ability to lose data in TexMacs,
though the mouse-based copy-cut-paste behavior in other unix
applications such as Emacs is just fine for me. TeXmacs is _not_ the
same as Emacs, in one very important way: when I want to paste text in
Emacs, I move the pointer to the right place and click _only_ the
middle button to paste where the pointer is pointing. In TeXmacs I
must move the pointer, click the right button to move the insertion
point, and then click the middle button. If I move the mouse at all
during that right-button click it becomes a select and data are
lost. I think there are several ways in which TeXmacs' mouse-based
selection seems to differ from Emacs', and I always find this
annoying, but the only place where I've bothered to track down just
what is the difference.

So I for one would like to see TeXmacs be _more_ like my beloved unix
applications.