Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: Magnus Rohde <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:05:45 +0100

Den 17/1-2006, kl. 12:20, skrev Javier Arantegui:

The ugly truth is that copy'n'paste is a mess in unix.

You are correct about this one, but since TeXmacs is available in a Windows version, on Mac OS X and on Unix, there should be some careful consideration into the "default behaviour" of TeXmacs as users might expect three different things.

One question, how do you type \ in TeXmacs on the Mac? I cannot :-(

That probably depends on your keyboard layout (in X11), I just use the standard key, which on my system is shift-alt-7, but yours probably differ, as I suspect you are not using a Danish keyboard.

regards
Magnus