Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:42:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Hc-host: Message scanned by NISC4, Networking & Systems, Haverford College, Haverford, PA 19041 [v011]
  • Hc-mailscanner: Found to be clean

I think it would be great to have separate mouse and keyboard
clipboards, or to make the behavior just like emacs (with an option to
set it to be just like mac/windows, while we're at it). But then
again, I'm not volunteering to do the programming :-) It's always nice
to imagine what you'd like when someone else is doing the hard work.

At the moment, I'm can't think of any applications/systems in which
copied and deleted text go into separate clipboards. Are you thinking
of anything in particular? Or some other way to avoid overwriting
copied text with deleted text?

Dave W