Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:27:18 +0100
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=googlemail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=qz9FwBVq0atB7xp7RLgjQXn2mIhlW47sEB0c+wpeje8oydb7KV0GdNALEZGzZGLJP6832mxd32IByQiCDFXb0L6DI55VJjumQlgJr1STLCkFObIDsYkXT2duoYmOhthpxwdl4oHBhUammjfEQOV7uzxAV6Yelc+HU/MNf9BXe+Q=

Maybe this is the solution: since it seems that people using the
mouse-based X behaviour do not bother to paste with Ctrl-V and that
people using CUA bindings do not expect the middle button to paste
their recently Ctrl-C'ed text, the best thing to do would be to make
the mouse cut'n paste independent from the keyboard-based cut'n paste.

In any case, it is far more annoying for me that if you do a copy to
clipboard, then before pasting you delete something, the clipboard
gets overwritten with the deleted text.

'A.