Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:19:05 +0100

Hello,

El Martes, 17 de Enero de 2006 13:05, Magnus Rohde escribió:
> You are correct about this one, but since TeXmacs is available in a
> Windows version, on Mac OS X and on Unix, there should be some careful
> consideration into the "default behaviour" of TeXmacs as users might
> expect three different things.

The real problem is that the TeXmacs interface is really old. The application
looks beautiful but slow and weird because it doesn't look like any other
program I have. TeXmacs is great and most of its users have learn to live
with its oddities.

I have the unrealistic (*) wish that the interface would be rewritten using a
modern toolkit as QT or any other. I think that this will provide a more
modern look and a better desktop integration. Until that day we have to learn
to live with what we have.

(*) To do that we need a lot of money, a lot of time, and a lot of people. I
don't think we have much of any of them.

> > One question, how do you type \ in TeXmacs on the Mac? I cannot :-(
>
> That probably depends on your keyboard layout (in X11), I just use the
> standard key, which on my system is shift-alt-7, but yours probably
> differ, as I suspect you are not using a Danish keyboard.

Well, if that solves this problem, I could try Danish... :-D

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es