multi-user multi-display sessions?

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: multi-user multi-display sessions?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:12:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Hc-host: Message scanned by SMTP2, Networking & Systems, Haverford College, Haverford, PA 19041 [v011]
  • Hc-mailscanner: Found to be clean

A colleague of mine has become interested in electroning collaboration
tools, and I mentioned that emacs has had a multiple-display option
for many years (see make-frame-on-display, I think). My colleage wants
more than just text of course, and I have been wondering how hard it
would be to put a similar feature into TeXmacs ... has anyone thought
about this? I doubt we will do this, as support for "ink"
(i.e. editable pixmaps?) and pen-based operation are also important
here, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone has thought about this.

Dave W