Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Inserting jpeg images
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:43:40 +0200

David G. Wonnacott wrote:

I have an old document with some JPEG format images in a table, and
these are no longer showing up -- I'm using the latest CVS version of
1.0.6. I've not edited this part of the document for a while, so I'm
not sure when the trouble started. I would just re-insert the images,
but when I try to use Insert->Image->link image (or insert image), it
does not list ".jpg" under formats, and does not list my .jpg files in
the file selection window.

I'm no longer sure how I got these into the document in the first
place, or what I should do to put them back. Any suggestions? For
reference, viewing the old .tm file with emacs shows a line starting

<tabular|<tformat|<cwith|1|2|2|2|cell-lsep|1.0cm>|<table|<row|<cell|<postscript|phong_8_200000.jpg|*5/8|*5/8||||>>|<cell|<postscript|phong_6_10000.jpg|*5/8|*5/8||||>>>|...

which makes it look like the postscript includer used to work on these.

I just tried to insert .jpg images in TeXmacs, it works
perfectly (I'm using a recent CVS version, 1.0.6.4, or
something).

I just copied your markup & replaced your image names by some
names of image files I have, it also works perfectly, thus your
problem is not because a bad interaction between table markup
and image markup.

=> it seems rather likely that either you moved the image
files, or either the case of the letters in the names is
not the same in the document and on the disk, or either
you are trying to launch TeXmacs in such a way that it
looks for the images in the current directory, instead
of the directory in which the .tm file is (I mean : perhaps,
I guess TeXmacs should probably work correctly in such
circumstances, but...).

Thus the problem is probably not at all a critical
one ; if it is because of some tiny, but annoying
detail, I would be interested in knowing what it
is exactly (as usual, I'm interested in these kinds
of things ;-).

Best, Henri