Re: [TeXmacs] New mode for graphics

  • From: Corey Sweeney <address@hidden>
  • To: Magnus Rohde <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] New mode for graphics
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:19:12 -0500

I realize everyone else is responding to this, so i'll try to keep this brief.

You are proposing that more "should" be going on the "essential functionality" of TeXmacs, but i'm a little fuzzy as to what that means.  Does this refer to bugfixes? Is it a HCI thing?  For example a upgrade to a new widget library (like gtk2 or whatever) would be cool. Or perhaps "template libraries"  (like templates for legal forms or whatever comes in office packages)

Joris would be the one who would really know, but I would suspect that the time it would take to squash all the bugs, or move to gtk2, or write a bunch of template libraries, would be quite large compared to the new addition of the drawing tools.

However you can always influence what they work on with donations ;)

Hmm, that's not as brief as I was hoping.

Corey

(By the way, this change is important to me, as it now will allow me to collect more the "source (i.e. editable text, or editable picture (formerly in gimp format))" for a given document into one file.)