Re: [TeXmacs] Windows Version

  • From: David MENTRE <address@hidden>
  • To: "Dan Martens" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Windows Version
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:28:35 +0200

Hello Dan,

A few days ago, I (very quickly) tested TeXmacs Windows version. Here is
my first report.

Tested version : wintexmacs-1.0.4-R2-dev-nosrc.rar

1. [off-toppic] is there a free software to extract RAR archives on
Windows. I've only found WinRAR which is a shareware.

2. Postcript does not work. On the main help page (Help -> Welcome), I
have <error|bad postscript|null box>.

3. Scrolling mouse does not work.

4. Sometimes, after chosing a menu option, the menu does not
disappear. For example after chosing File -> New. One needs to click
elsewhere.

5. Looking for "scheme" word in the documentation search facility made
the TeXmacs crash.

As overall feeling, it is quite nice to have TeXmacs under Windows.

Yours,
d.
--
David Mentré <address@hidden>