Re: [TeXmacs] Windows Version

  • From: Andreas Seidl <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Dan Martens <address@hidden>, David MENTRE <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Windows Version
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:39:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Dan Martens wrote:
1. [off-toppic] is there a free software to extract RAR archives on
Windows. I've only found WinRAR which is a shareware.

Good question, I don't know. I just keep using WinRAR, all it does is nag
you about registering. I like it because it works with so many archive
formats. If people would prefer zip or even gzip/tar, it doesn't matter to
me.

We should priviledge a free program with a maximal compression rate for
people with a slow internet connection. How does RAR compare to bzip2?

FYI: The free nullsoft installer I mentioned recently offers bz2 compression.

- to write a script that just askes for a destination directory and copies the files there is very simple

- you right-click on the script and choose the compression out of zlib, bzip2, lzma, or, "best compressor". This generates your .exe installer file.

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/features/license/

Andreas.
--