Re: [TeXmacs] Windows Version

  • From: David MENTRE <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Dan Martens <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Windows Version
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:59:24 +0200

Hello Joris,

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

> We should priviledge a free program with a maximal compression rate for
> people with a slow internet connection. How does RAR compare to bzip2?

I think you should also take into account habits of Windows users,
i.e. programs that they have easily on there machine. In other words, is
WinZip able to uncompress bzip2? I would prefer .zip format for Windows,
except if no free program is able to compress it.

Yours,
d.

PS : I do not claim myself has being a good example of Windows users. :)
--
David Mentré <address@hidden>