Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:14:25 +0100

Hello,

El Martes, 17 de Enero de 2006 11:04, Magnus Rohde escribió:
> In the newest version (1.0.6), I noticed that when text is selected by
> dragging the mouse it is automatically copied. Is this the way it is
> supposed to be?

Well, it's the common behaviour in Unix/Linux. After that you can paste the
text using the middle button of the mouse.

> I find it really annoying, as it is contrary to the
> normal behaviour on Windows/Macintosh and it gets done without any
> notice to the user, or is mentioned in the manual.

In the beginning it's quite strange, but when you are used to it is great. I
cannot count how many times I try to paste some text clicking the middle
button of the mouse in Windows/Mac... and nothing happens. I simply forget
press Cmd+C and the Cmd+V.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es